Hi, I’m Ross.
My main interest is in games, storytelling, and wordplay. In my final project I was able to work on making my own video game, PenPal.
On showcase are some of my favourite pieces I made during the course.
(Video) Foundation Course Compilation
– Films made for the moving image section of the foundation course, including:
- PenPal game trailer (00:00 – 01:02).
- Paper Skull (01:15 – 02:02) – Stop motion animation about a paper skull meeting someone new.
- Mars Mites (02:03 – 03:20) – Hand drawn animated parody regarding a peculiarly fragranced deodorant.
- PenPal full playthrough (Spoilers for PenPal) (03:21 – 16:09).
(Image One) Storyboard project
– A storyboard based on the train scene from the script of the movie “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind”.
(Image Two) Block Printing Typography
– Posters focused on a “Call to Action” regarding climate change. Made using ink and typography blocks.
(Image Three) Human Meteor collages
– Collages inspired by the “Human meteor” block printing posters.
(Image Four) Altered Book project
– An altered book (Children of the Oregon Trail). The design was based on a line in the book – “He saw at once that it was a splendid camping place”.
(Image Five) PenPal main cast and game screenshots
– A collection of images from my final major project, PenPal, which is a stationery inspired video game about a mobile inkwell finding their pen pal. The game was made using Unity, the graphics were designed using Piskel online and I created the music using GarageBand IOS.
Scroll for more